Why's this page even here?

I decided to start this "log" both to journal my racing trips as the season progresses and to give myself a place to write up my take on certain things in the world of racing. Feel free to leave comments about any of my posts...I'm always up for a good racing discussion. -Matt

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is it Racing Season Yet?

Well, I gave up pretty quickly last year updating this page.  Hopefully I'll do a better job this time around.  I'm also going to start including stories of my r/c racing travels as well.

2009 is shaping up to be a really promising year for the NYS asphalt racing scene. (unless you like asphalt late models).  Dunn Tire Raceway Park is back with a nearly full schedule of Modified and SST Modified racing.  With a solid schedule in place, there seem to be a lot of racers preparing modifieds and sportsmen for the new season.  There are also a lot of exciting events on the schedule for me this year.  First up will be on Memorial Day weekend with two days of Modified and Winged Supermodified racing.  MSA and RoC will be at Oswego Speedway on Saturday and MSA will be going to DTRP the next day for the first winged supermodified show there since ISMA raced at Lancaster in 2003!  The RoC Tour is back to a NYS tour this season, with some of the always good DTRP, Oswego, and WCIS shows reurning.  On the dirt side of things, my local dirt track is opening back up with a new owner, a new name, and lots of support behind it as the only weekly dirt track in the area.  Arcade International Raceway (formerly Freedom) will probably be my Friday night home this season with the Fastrak crate late models as the flagship division.  They'll also be hosting a super late model special and a 360 sprint special along with making lots of improvements to what was a pretty dumpy facility.  I can't wait for this season to get going!

Racing season is starting early for me this year, this Saturday at Port Royal Speedway in PA.  I'll be seeing 410 sprints for the first time ever and I can't wait!  The real reason we're going down to PA is to race in the PA Short Track Championships at the Strand R/C Raceway in McAdoo, PA.  I'll be running in the stock 13.5 1 cell class, but I might try racing in the faster 21.5 2s class.  We'll see.  Anyway, it should be a really fun weekend!  I can't wait to get a whiff of some methanol...

No comments: