Why's this page even here?

I decided to start this "log" both to journal my racing trips as the season progresses and to give myself a place to write up my take on certain things in the world of racing. Feel free to leave comments about any of my posts...I'm always up for a good racing discussion. -Matt

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The weekend is almost here!

I'm putting the finishing touches on my car to race in PA this weekend.  Rebuilt diff, rebuilt shocks, rebuilt front end...pretty much a rebuilt car.  Hopefully I can have a good showing.  

I'll be getting up bright and early on Saturday morning, 5:00 actually.  F1 Qualifiying from Malaysia starts at 5:00am, which is a convenient late-morning qualifying session...if you live in Europe!  This whole catering to the European audience thing is getting really annoying and it's only the second race of the season.  Anyway, I won't get to see the final round of that since we'll be hitting the road by 6:00 to start on our nearly 4 hour trip to The Strand R/C Raceway in McAdoo, PA.  The plan is to get a few hours of practice in before heading out to Port Royal to watch the 410 Sprints.  I checked Port Royal Speedway's website and found out they're running two sprint features this Saturday!  Man, I can't wait to see that since I've never seen the 410's before, or any sprint for that matter on that big of a track.  After that, we'll go crash at the hotel back near the r/c track.  Sunday is the big (r/c) race day.

No comments: