Why's this page even here?

I decided to start this "log" both to journal my racing trips as the season progresses and to give myself a place to write up my take on certain things in the world of racing. Feel free to leave comments about any of my posts...I'm always up for a good racing discussion. -Matt

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Top 10 reasons for attending Opening Day at Dunn Tire Raceway Park

Posted by Kenny Troyer on raceny

10. OPENING DAY...... New cars, new paint jobs and seeing old friends. Who's gonna show up? The only chance for the photogs to get the "before" shots........etc.

9. WEATHER.....forecast looks good

8. MODIFIEDS......To me, these low slung 600 Horsepower go-karts provide the best show in all of short track racing. DTRP is about 400 miles closer than All-Star Speedway in NH.........

7. EARLY START......The 2:00 PM start will allow those that don't have too many COORS LIGHT time to get home and watch the race from Darlington. For those that have to work, may I suggest:

a. calling in sick
b. start early, leave early
c. quit

6. VICTORY LANE.....Nothing quite like the satisfaction of being in Victory Lane and ruining Wackoracer's day......lol

5. SUPPORT SHORT TRACK RACING....While I don't believe threats are any way to do business, Ralphie Boy says that if there aren't enough cars he will cut purses or discontinue the oval track portion of LANCASTER SPEEDWAY altogether. I believe a more telling stat will be HIS bottom line. If there are enough fannies in the stands for him to make money, I think the place will stay open.

4. BILL MISLIN.....enough said....lol

3. LORI.......Lori has put a ton of work into this. At one time, it didn't appear that there would be any oval track racing at DTRP this year. Largely due to her efforts, many will have a place to race close to home. I'm sure this was done with little or no compensation for her............THANK YOU LORI OVERDORF

2. KARL HEHR....To me, watching Karl take his first laps in almost 2 years is worth the price of admission alone.

1. THE COMPETITION......Let's start with 5 LANCASTER SPEEDWAY MODIFIED CHAMPIONS: Sergio Fandanzo, Tom McGrath, Billy Putney, defending champ Buck Catalano and the return of Dave Wollaber to modified competition. Add to that former SPENCER modified champ Patsy Catalano and former Lancaster LM champions Karl Hehr and Brett Scherrer. Throw in the defending race winner, Wiiiiiiiillllbuuuuuurrrrr Hebing and you have one he11 of a show. All that and the favorite may be a 17 year old kid by the name of Erick Rudolph. With a couple of appearances already this season, I'm sure this kid will be tough to beat. He may not be racing around here much longer........COMPETITION

No comments: